Canopy for ute

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Re: Canopy for ute

Post by EK283 »

Yes looks busy for sure !
Just for a comparison this is my sons Alfa and what we had to do to change the timing belt and water pump !!
IMG_2563.jpeg
IMG_2563.jpeg (3.08 MiB) Viewed 390 times
IMG_2564.jpeg
IMG_2564.jpeg (3.1 MiB) Viewed 380 times
The modern car, a nightmare !!!
Greg
So many cars so little time!
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

There was a MK2 Zephyr wagon at coffee and cars last Sunday with a 4.4 litre Nissan Infinity V8. Fair bit tidier than that. Even with the boxy plenum chambers protruding from the firewall.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Didn’t this have a spoiler on the rear of the hard lid? Last time I saw it was at Echuca.

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Harv

Post by Harv »

You could make a lot more room in that engine bay if you swapped the supercharger snout pulley for a smaller one.

Just saying for a friend :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Harv wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:01 am You could make a lot more room in that engine bay if you swapped the supercharger snout pulley for a smaller one.

Cheers,
Harv
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

I'm sure you could make that a lot tidier Mick looks like things were just put in without much thought.
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
The Reverend FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 9:42 pm
Gotta ask - if you hate it that much why did you buy it ????
i really really nearly didn't, combination of things i flew down to look and was first thing in the morning and the closest thing to a reasonably priced flight home (still $430) wasn't till 6pm that night, Jude his wife needed to sell it and kept saying just make me an offer so i did and she accepted it (it wasn't much less than what i was hoping to pay before i found it has an issue and probably won't cover what it will cost to fix it, then there's the oil leak if i knew about that i would have walked away, that aint getting fixed)
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

Errol62 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2024 11:11 pm Didn’t this have a spoiler on the rear of the hard lid? Last time I saw it was at Echuca.

yes, i drove from Botany to my mate's workshop in St Marys and took it off, if i had the tools i would have taken it off before i left, there's lots getting changed in time

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

Harv wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 8:01 am You could make a lot more room in that engine bay if you swapped the supercharger snout pulley for a smaller one.

Just saying for a friend :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Harv
that's about the only place there is any room, gotta get it to run properly before i can make it run better, currently the austin with just an old red 6 would wipe it

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Harv

Post by Harv »

Shame it had an undisclosed issue.

I learned a lot about selling from this forum.
a) I'll tell you everything I know about what I sell, in good faith. Warts and all.
b) If it isn't what I said it was, I'll take it back and refund your money.
c) I'll sell it to you for what it owes me, or if you need it bad enough I'll give it to you.
d) If you give me a sob story I'll help you out (I'm a sucker for a sob story). If you then screw me over and flip the part at a quick profit, I won't help you again.

I sleep easy at night, and karma has returned the favour more than once. Met some damn great people along the way.

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

In Jude's defence she probably wouldn't have known about any issues with the ute and it HAS been sitting since Steve passed ........
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Harv

Post by Harv »

Apologies - did not know that bit of the story.

Cheers,
Harv
EK283

Post by EK283 »

At the end of the day it is still buyer beware !

As for Jude not knowing about any issues that is probably correct, I have spent years trying to educate my wife on what diffent sounds or feel mean, her answer is to turn up the radio !!!!!

When i buy stuff i do the complete circle, should I ? Maybe I will ? Ok do it ! Oh shit what have I done ??? Guilt then depression Ha Ha Ha !

It wil be ok Mick, once you get used to the buy it will fall into place and you are talented so fixing it wont be an issue !!

Greg
Last edited by EK283 on Wed Jul 10, 2024 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So many cars so little time!
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

.................. and you can always ask all the experts on the facebook pages for help :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah i can cover everybody with this one yes Blacky i'm sure she didn't know and also the person that had it advertised for her they couldn't even tell me why the heater had been disconnected or what most of the switches were for, i don't blame anybody for anything that was the reason i went to look in person (though i would do that on pretty much any car purchase), the car from what they said has basically sat since well before his passing though had been used a little but only driving around slowly which it is fine even doing highway speed it's fine so they wouldn't have known you just have to accelerate up to speed slowly and then it also breaks down on very very light acceleration, say you are doing 100 and come to a slight hill it breaks down until it kicks back a gear i've had a commodore do the same thing years ago i thought it was the gearbox shitting itself as you'd swear the gearbox is shuddering but turned out to be a coil pack, i'm just pissed of at how ridiculous it is to work on such a little motor yes some of it is bad planning in the build but for what i paid i'm happy with the ute as a base (not about the oil leak but that's my bad) if i ridiculously didn't have to re engineer it for a red/blue/black 6 i would probably take the V6 out and put one of them in just for future ease of maintenance

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter