The Beginning...

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

RollinLow
State: NOT ENTERED

The Beginning...

Post by RollinLow »

Hello people I'm Chris I have been hanging around this forum for a little while and thought it was about time I started a thread on my new project.
I bought it as complete roller, only missing the motor, gearbox, tail shaft and fuel tank but to me this didn't really matter as I have other plans in that department! :ewink:
I intend on keeping the body restoration mainly original with a couple of minor changes, there's not a great deal of rust in it for its age, mainly front floors, one sill and few small spots here and there. got that covered I spent 8 years on the tools as a panel beater . Mechanically I'm going a little bit late model in the order of injected 304, th700, vn diff, hr front end with hoppers brake kit. I intend on doing a majority of the work myself with a little help on the mechanicals side from my brother in law, I've built a few ground up cars already but mainly later model cars. Here's a few pics of it I took the other day now that I finally got it home, I bought it about a year ago but I stored it at the old mans in ballarat until I had garage space to bring it home.

searsy

Re: The Beginning...

Post by searsy »

Welcome chris
Looks in pretty good nick mate.
I reckon you will heaps of fun in the old girl with the V8 in her. :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin: :ebiggrin:
Icheated my self and bought one with a 327 already fitted just going through the engineers rigmoral at the moment.
Anyhow good luck with the project and keep the pics coming wwe love pics :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
MeFB

Post by MeFB »

Good man for posting the chassis number etc :thumbsup:

Mate, we're going to be watching with a lot of interest how you get on with the project. I haven't been on this forum for too long, but already getting heaps of advice and help (and a fair bit of razz....) :lol: :lol: :lol:

:arrow: :D
Alan
Member No.1 of the FB EK Holden Car Club of WA (Woo-hoo :D sweet!)
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

Im pretty excited to get started on it, I have been speaking with an engineer I have used before in regards to this project over the last year and have been reading lots to make sure I get it right first go, well this is the plan! :? As I do things i will try and take lots of pics so you can see the progress. i will be relying on the valued advice from many of the members on here :thumbsup:
rustysdungers

Post by rustysdungers »

RESTORE IT :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where were you in '62???
parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

All the best with it Chris. Looks like a solid start.

Stewart
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

parisian62 wrote:All the best with it Chris. Looks like a solid start.

Stewart
I checked out a lot of cars prior to choosing this one, I chose this wagon as it was a great base to work with, nearly all the stainless trims are complete and in good nick, and there wasn't a great deal of rust. Most of the ones I looked at were verging on a waste of time restoring. I thought this was a good pick up for $2500 :thumbsup:
WayneXG95
State: NSW

Post by WayneXG95 »

yep sounds like the right price.. :thumbsup:
A lot better than this try on.. :roll:

http://www.fbekholden.com/forum/viewtop ... =1&t=15068
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Those crossplies would be fun with the new driveline... :twisted: :twisted: :lol: :lol:
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
EKH00N

Post by EKH00N »

Best colour scheme for an FB as far as I am concerned! Best of luck in the project mate
Cheers
EKH00N!

Because I am technologically challenged I can't post an avatar!!! :cry:
fasteddyfc

Post by fasteddyfc »

I agree with ekhoon its an awesome colour combo, never thought i would like pink but if the one im looking at this weekend is any good it will be painted in this combo
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

me too re colour....
its only the beginning,i feel like making daisy chains...
keep it low if you can and $*#@ originality
kmawic
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Hi Chris, my advice is find another wagon to mess with ....

That is way to cool and original.

Finding and original paint Scallop Beige and Morning Grey is near impossible !!! It may be the only surviving factory paint FB left.

We have five one the spread sheet and all have lost there paint.

Finding a wagon that has been messed with is easy !!!

Steve

BTW, thanks for the ID plate and chassis number :D
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

You blokes are gonna hate when I tell you I'm 99% sure the car will not being painted the original colour combo it wears now :evil: :evil: :evil:

I haven't decided on a final colour yet but its not going to be anything wild, no candy or flames n shit. Something cool that looks like it could have come out like that out of the factory. Im thinking something like the colour on Mick Fabar's RAWR 33 Coupe.

I did say it was gonna wear slight visual changes! :ewink:

PS: Sorry Steve...I have to do it, it's just how I roll! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

It was actually Shaun Horton's green FBWAGN from Shepperton that inspired me to build a wagon, I love his car, its a great modified build nice interior and tough running gear but hasn't lost many original features on the outside. Great story behind the build of this car too!
This is what I hope to achieve!