Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

stillute-ed
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by stillute-ed »

computer carked it 6 weeks ago .a mate up north built another one for me picked it up yesterday .blew the side out of the sandblaster on off ball valve got another one now and am back at it on the week ends .got to fire the wood heater up its two degrees out side to night and man that sheds cold .being a woose.
I AM CAPTAIN AND COMMANDER OF MY OWN VESSEL (and i have my wife's permission to say so)
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Computers :evil: , I know how you feel about the cold , couldn't make myself go down to the shed tonight , brrrrrr :(
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Not really an update on the Ute , but Winter is in full swing down here this week , yesterday we had 75mm of rain , hail storms and its been cccccold , was standing in the door of the shed watching a hail storm and felt sorry for poor Pinky out in it , so today she has taken up residence in the corner where the Ute came out of , Just have to decide what to do with her , am thinking back to Original , original colours ,maybe skirts and white walls and have the 138 out of the Ute that used to purr very nicely , maybe drop that in , keep the restorers happy :P or CHOP IT :twisted: :twisted:

What the ? What is all this metal under here ? He He the joy :D :roll:

shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN HMM i see you have a lot off pink bits IS it pink in side :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Hey Rusty,

What about poor old bluey !!!!!

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Shme ,It is pink inside , just how I like them :P

Greg , old bluey can stay right away from the shed , she is infested with tin worm something bad , even I am not stupid enough to tackle her ,and I am pretty stupid and I don't wont them tin worms in the shed crawling around :shock: :lol: , guy round the local shop gave her to me , she is going to be a lounge , but there is not much else on her , very sad
Mick

Post by Mick »

it's not the restorers you have to keep happy (they're usually not happy with someone eles's car anyway :wink: :roll: allways quietly picking faults :lol: )it's yorself that has to be happy 8)
only prob is you may get bitten by the restorer bug :shock: after doing a modded one and having to make everything fit a resto where you just bolt parts on will be a walk in the park :mrgreen:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

after doing a modded one and having to make everything fit a resto where you just bolt parts on will be a walk in the park
Oh I hope so :roll:

Are you allowed to lower a Restorer :?: :) , don't think that bug will bite that hard , but it would be nice to have a stock ish one as well . A cheap and cheerful build that can be used most days

And I still have the grey FB that is as rusty as the Ute and will need the same floor treatment , that I have some wild custom ideas for , if I live that long :roll:
Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah 8) lowered, grey, twin carbs, extractors some finned alloy motor bits, do you know what the original colours are

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Body was Twighlight Turquoise with a Snowcrest white roof , not a bad colour , is much easier just painting a car its original colours than trying to decide what colour to paint it :roll:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

I restored two cars at once - my first and my last.

it is just as big a pain in the arse trying to track down all the correct bits as it is making the "wrong" bits fit
I started with nothing and still have most of it left.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Ed

Post by Ed »

Rusty,

Just caught up on your thread and progress..

Great work it's coming together real nicely.

Cheers

Ed
FE/FC Holden Car Club of NSW
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G ,day Blacky , can imagine that would be the case

G,day Ed , its starting to come together :D , trying to finish off a heap of little bits at the moment , so going a bit slow this week .

Off to the shed today , no work today , had a few jobs cancelled because of the weather this week ,so shuffled stuff around so I can have a full day off , so I better see if I can get some things finished off today, been too cold of a night to do too much .
Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote:I restored two cars at once - my first and my last.

it is just as big a pain in the arse trying to track down all the correct bits as it is making the "wrong" bits fit
how is it :? i've thrown away all the stock stuff (cause nobody seems to want it :roll: ) besides the 2 door conversion if i wanted to run grey motor running gear i could have had it 10 times over, might be a little harder if you were doing a pedantic resto and want correct part No's and new old stock etc, but if yor doing what i think rusty is talking about grey motor (doesn't have to be corect for EK) 3 speed stock front end seats diff etc after doing what he has just done with the ute he'll do the sedan standing on his head

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

I think if you're trying to do a full on resto with trying to find things like the the correct trim and original tin master cylinders and stuff like that it can get a bit hard (and expensive).

A lot of that stuff is hard to find, and damn expensive when you do find it.

For someone like Rusty I think a resto would be a breeze compared to what he's building now :mrgreen: