Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EKjimmy
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by EKjimmy »

Looking good Rusty!
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
robbyrr

Post by robbyrr »

hi rusty, hell of a lot of work you have put in this one,looking mighty fine,well done :wink: is that a hotrod project i see :?:
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Hmmm , probably would have been finished now if I started with a whole car :lol:

Thats my next project :roll: , 26 Chrysler for the wife , have been doing little bits on it when the ute gives me the poo, going to do that one and the EK sedan together , EK should be easy ,fix a little rust and paint it and just bolt all the original stuff back in to the original spots, oh joy :D :D
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

Well Rusty,!
What can I say. :shock:
Thats one hell of a customising job. Fabrication is top notch mate. Love all those Massive little bits you've done to keep em guessing. :wink:

Great Work.

Regards John
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks John and I read that you have a new project in the pipeline , so any more info :?: :?: :D
Ed

Post by Ed »

nice work Rusty. those tail lights (amongst the heap of other good mods) look good.

Cheers

Ed
FE/FC Holden Car Club of NSW
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks Ed, have been following and enjoying your work on miniFB,s wagon as well , when are you going to do an FB/EK :?: :?:
Ed

Post by Ed »

Hey Rusty,

I'm considering doing one next year. It would need to be a ute so I can truck my dirt bike about though. I've still got some V8 conversion gear so I will probably use that.. only a 253/trimatic but that's enough.
Cheers

Ed
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Sounds like a plan , cant wait to see it , 253 should pull the bike around and would have to be super low to get the bike off easy :lol:
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day All , another small update on the Ute

Have finished putting the passenger side tail light on, now have a pair of 56 tail lights :) , have also been playing with the brake pedal box and setting that up with the the brake pedal and a gemini booster .

Have also had to modify the Torana steering column that I am going to use , cut out the ignition switch and welded up the hole where it used to be , had to shorten it 120mm also to fit , no photos yet, is only all tacked up , will take some photos when I pull them out to weld them up .

Have finished welding all the tub panels in that I made about six months ago :roll: , just have to make a couple of removable panels for the sides, a box for the battery to go in and a hatch for the spare wheel well and then smooth it all out .

Thats about all for now .
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN You do good work looks cool 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) nearlly as good as me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Very 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
I started with nothing and still have most of it left.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks Guys , Shme you are kicking my arse , you are going to be cruising in yours soon 8)
Ed

Post by Ed »

wow.. that's awesome!
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

Rusty EK wrote:Thanks Guys , Shme you are kicking my arse , you are going to be cruising in yours soon 8)
slight bit of differance in the 2 utes shme's basically needed a few patches yors only really needed 1 patch...............BUT it was pretty much the whole area from just above the sills down, for the full length of the car :shock: :lol:
it's good seeing somebody taking on a job this size there wouldn't be too many cars that people could say "my car is too far gone" after seeing what you started with, i know it's stopped me throwing away the ute i have, and when the 2 door is done and i'm a little more confident with the welder i'll be hooking in i reckon around spring next year when the weather cools a little 8)
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter