Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day All
Bit of an update on the Ute , have made mounting pieces for the front seats , made up a raised hat section and welded the original mounts to the inside for the seats to bolt to , and these are going to be welded to the new floor , just tacked for now .

Fitted the front seats in , they give me plenty of leg room in the back and slide far enough forward to give easy access into the back .

Also after much thought I have decided to shave the gutters off to continue the smooth look , 1 down 1 to go .

And am back on to the tail lights , have shortened a sedan bumper and am going to fit an FC number plate surround , have finally found some tail lights ,am going to fit 56 Chevy lights ,so have a bit of mucking around with the body work now to get them to fit .

Plan is to follow the shape of the bumper and meet it into the bottom of the lights .
stillute-ed

Post by stillute-ed »

looking good rusty
I AM CAPTAIN AND COMMANDER OF MY OWN VESSEL (and i have my wife's permission to say so)
vintageholden

Post by vintageholden »

looking good
are you welding the bumper to the car and painting it???
or just trail setup..

Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Love the choice of tail light!! 8) 8) 8)
The bumper should look great once the extra body is added too! 8) 8)

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day VH ,nah not welding bumper to car , it is going to be chrome ,I like chrome 8) but just tacked in the right position so I can get under it and make up some new brackets .

Thats the worst thing with this , nothing just bolts back on anymore ,nothings standard you have to make everything :(

G,day Sputzwagon , was lucky , the last car show I went to had a 55 ,56 Chev and a FB and a FC nearly next to each other , was able to look at them all from behind and decided the 56 lights would look the best.

Had been watching a set on EBAY , got home from the car show and fired up the computer and they had 4 minutes left on them, put a bid on them and won , lucky :D
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN TAIL lights will look cool an smoothed gutters look cool as well
vintageholden

Post by vintageholden »

looking good
whats the 3rd brake light from...
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Shme , how you going with yours , slowed down again now your back at work??

VH , its from a Saab , dont tell anybody :lol:
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Bit more of an update on the ute , got a bit done this week

Cut off the passeger side gutter and welded it up, sanded and smoothed .

Then got on to the tail lights , made a plate that the light is going to sit on first and got that in the desired position and then started to make patterns for the body panals , I like to make my patterns out of thin guage galv .55 , think it is easier than cardboard you can actually make it into the shape you want and it will hold its shape so you can tweak it here and there , once you get the shape you want you can just flatten it out and trace it on to your metal.

If it is a bit short in spots you can add it on to the proper piece before you make it.

As I was sanding this piece the grinder grabbed,tore out of my hands and headed straight for , well those bits that are at bench level :roll: , dont know which one was dancing more me or the grinder , bloody thing fell on the floor and tried to cut my feet off then , still more dancing , bloody thing will get me one day :oops:

Made the top section the same way and welded it on .

Bit of work with the hammer and dolly , skim of body filler and sand and prime and one 56 chevy tail light :D

Got to do it all again with the other side now though :roll:
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Nice work Rusty!! 8) 8) Very nice customizing. 8) 8) 8)
Now be careful with that grinder on the other side! :shock: It sounds like it has it in for you! :shock: :lol:

Scotty
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
stillute-ed

Post by stillute-ed »

as all ways a job well done that looks great .had a grinder do the same thing to me once .had the big bugger sitting on the bonnet of the xb panel van extention lead in one hand and grinder cord in the other. i had checked the thing was off .what i hadn't counted on was dad being an old bushy when the switch broke he just wired it to be on all the time .you pulled it out of the socket to turn it off .bloody dangerous and he for got to tell me about it .so there i am grinder on bonnet and me standing in front of it cords in hand now when i put those two togeather i wasnt expecting it to skip across the bonnet at me like a rabid tasie devil trying to rip out my gouly's .ive never jumped so high in my life .now its on the ground trying to bite my feet .'im irish dancing and swearing all dad can do is laugh when he comes out to see what all the noise is about .now ive got a bonnet with half moon marks from under the wind screen to the front edge of the bonnet .no paint and its in the mornings paper for sale what the hell am i going to use .so here's a little paint tip xb off white and tipex correction fluid are the same colour near enough any how .van sold for a couple of grand ..and i don't use dads tools any more.
I AM CAPTAIN AND COMMANDER OF MY OWN VESSEL (and i have my wife's permission to say so)
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN That awesome your Ute will confuse allot of people 8) 8) 8) 8)
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks guys , damn grinders , dangerous little things,they make you jump when they are flicking all over the place , the same one tried to get me when I was laying under the back of the ute stripping the paint of it about six months ago .

Had a knotted wire wheel on it and it grabbed and started dancing around next to me , got caught up in a piece of rag I had next to me and stalled , bloody scarey :shock:

Most dangerous tool in the workshop in my opinion.

Shane , does your father know mine ?? Dad use to have one exactly the same :roll:
Trev

Post by Trev »

Great work Rusty lucky you have 2 testicles, one for each tail light :shock: :lol: .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
stillute-ed

Post by stillute-ed »

its tassie mate they might do