Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mrs ratbox

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by mrs ratbox »

IN NSW, i'de have thought that would never have passed as a modified EK to many chassis mods making it ICV, BUT it all comes down to yor engineers view on the wording there is a NSW EK with basically the same set up but even more chassis mods and his engineer was quite happy with it and that's the engineer i'll be ringing if i do the ute :D cause none of the others i spoke to want anything to do with it :( :?
vintageholden
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by vintageholden »

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/EK-Holden-Ute-/3 ... 4aa0bf6bf0

this would be great for the same thing your doing....
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Hi all , here is this weeks update on the old girl, have decided to go for the smoothed off tailgate look as iam going to weld up all the seams on the rest of the ute , also the tailgate would never be used anyway , she has hauled her last loads .

Also had a go at fabricating the outside sills , lets just say there were a few choice words uttered during the day, had two attempts to fold them in one piece but just couldnt get them right , so I ended up folding in two pieces which was much easier , just had to weld them together , but with the amount of welding I have been doing on her was ok.
The sill came up reasonably good ,a bit of hammering into shape and it fitted like a glove , so saved myself a few dollars :D
Also cut out remaining section of rust above the sill and welded in a new panel , so one side of the ute is now totally rust free and back together , minus a few little bits :D :D :D :D :D :D

This is a little milestone for me , so am going to have the night off tonight and have a few quite ales to celerbrate :wink:

Cheers
Chris
ekute62

Post by ekute62 »

Looking great Rusty and go the flames god cant wait to see the end result..
Oldendays

Post by Oldendays »

V8EK4us wrote:Holy snappin' duck shit......... how have I missed this thread!! :oops: :oops: ......

..............ditto

can only say.... GO MAN GO !!!

.... quite a humbling experience really.....

btw, did you make dies and press the flames or beat 'em in by hand ?
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks ekute62 , and how is your ute progressing ? Is looking good.

Hey Oldendays , did the flames the old way , beat' em by hand , still got the other side to do and going to put them in the tub sides as well , when I get to that stage , fun eh .
vintageholden

Post by vintageholden »

is that a complete tailgate or just a madeup skin welded in....

looking good
Alastair Saxton

Post by Alastair Saxton »

HIi Cris
I just picked up on this thread today and throughly enjoy the work you are doing. I enjoy this type of body modification and metal work. I took your one picture and did a variation of the theme with a window using a section of the rear post reversed around to form the other side of the centre post. Then I tried a pillarless coupe ute. I included two pictures of Mercury wagons: one a 4 door and the other a 2 door; both pillarless.
Anyway , just variations on your work in progress!
Keep up the good work and keep us all posted.
Alastair
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day vintageholden , it is a new panel that I made up to replace the tailgate and the spare wheel door , am going to fit a sedan bumper to the back , so made it so that the bumper slides in snuggly below it .

Am going to make another panel for the inside so that it is enclosed and smooth.

Hi Alastair , have been watching your rebuild , you are doing some amazing panel work on your FB , how is it going ? It looks as though you are pretty good on the computer also ,I like the pillarless coupe ute , where was you a couple of months ago when I was trying to figure out how to do the rear windows , am amazed by the computer work that is on this forum , not very good with computers, might be easy to do ? , but it impresses me :D

What program do you guys use to do that , would love to have a play with it .
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Alastair Saxton wrote:HIi Cris
I just picked up on this thread today and throughly enjoy the work you are doing. I enjoy this type of body modification and metal work. I took your one picture and did a variation of the theme with a window using a section of the rear post reversed around to form the other side of the centre post. Then I tried a pillarless coupe ute. I included two pictures of Mercury wagons: one a 4 door and the other a 2 door; both pillarless.
Alastair
Don't let Sam see what you've done to his ute, Alastair!!! He might like the idea... and Dave will be after your blood for the extra headache!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Nice work Chris, watching with great interest 8) 8) 8)
Can't wait to see it finished.
samprinci

Post by samprinci »

Alastair Saxton wrote:HIi Cris
Alastair
Hey Alastair!
Wow nice photoshop work.... is that my ute???? hmmmmmm looks good, good on ya!!!

Hey scotty, Ya right Dave would kill me... HA!!!

Sam
Join the fun! Join the club! - FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW
www.fbekholdennsw.com
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day All , been a bit slow with progress the last couple of weeks , been bloody could down here lately , and the wife has had me dragging bits home for her car the last two weekends.

Have been working on fitting the commy radiator, bit of mucking around fitting one of these , had to cut out both rails to get it to drop down far enough for the bonnet to close , also had to cut passenger side back further to allow for the bottom hose to come off.

Had to cut both side support panels and made up a channel for the mounts to slide into , also had to notch out the top radiator support and made a cover to go on top to tidy it up .

Got a few divits to weld up in it and sand it all up and will send it off to the chrome platers on Monday , am a bit worried about the price of chrome these days ,have got a lot to do , do I need to find a second job to pay for it :?: :?:

Hope everyone else,s builds are going well

Cheers
Chris
Trev

Post by Trev »

Nice job with the radiator :D very neat.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

ditto, that radiator support looks real smooth
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'