Canopy for ute

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: Canopy for ute

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Mick having played with a couple of V6’s in my cars and my daily being a CV6 Monaro I’ve come across some of these issues, recently my Monaro was running like a pig (280k on the clock) turned out the be a coil :roll: easy fix, have you tried running some good injector cleaner through it, I saw the Ute in Nari but don’t know how manyK’s it has on it but I have also used Berryman B12 which is a really good product if the engine has a lot of K’s on it or if as you say it hasn’t been run much the injectors could be fouled

You’re probably all over it just thought I would add my two cents worth mate.

By the way where is the oil leak???
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
The Reverend FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

FireKraka wrote: Fri Jul 12, 2024 9:25 pm Hey Mick having played with a couple of V6’s in my cars and my daily being a CV6 Monaro I’ve come across some of these issues, recently my Monaro was running like a pig (280k on the clock) turned out the be a coil :roll: easy fix, have you tried running some good injector cleaner through it, I saw the Ute in Nari but don’t know how manyK’s it has on it but I have also used Berryman B12 which is a really good product if the engine has a lot of K’s on it or if as you say it hasn’t been run much the injectors could be fouled

You’re probably all over it just thought I would add my two cents worth mate.

By the way where is the oil leak???
yeah i'm pretty sure it's a coil as i've said i had a V6 commodore years ago doing kinda the same thing, under very very light acceleration you'd swear the gearbox is shuddering (i thought it was the gearbox in the commodore) then it kicks down a gear and is fine, also if going slow and stand on it it breaks down, but because the plugs are such a pain in the RRS to get at i figure they haven't been changed in a while so they'll get done while i'm there might as well do the leads and then i'm still tossing up weather to do the DFI module they're expensive though $370 i have changed one once before but can't remember why
yeah i don't know the actual Ks speedo says 56000 but the car's been done for 19 years and they drove it everywhere so i'd assume it's got more than that on it, i'll do the electrical side of things if it doesn't come good then i'll start on the fuel system, also may just throw my hands up take it to a dyno place and tell them ring me when it's running right
oil leak is back of the engine somewhere getting it on a hoist next week, another kinda bad thing some fool i'm guessing where they took it to get the blue slip has jacked it up on the sump and squashed it which i think is now hitting the front crossmember but it's not leaking there
thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Hey Mick
The L67 has a back engine cover that contains the rear main seal also is part of the cooling passages maybe the rear main is leaking much easier to change the rear main than the earlier Buicks if that is the problem obviously have to drop the gearbox, and tes if the coils test ok it may be the unit underneath.
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
The Reverend FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Mick

Post by Mick »

points, plugs, coils and it's running like a dream, i still hate under the bonnet because i don't have the patience to fight around in tight spaces to work on it :lol:

still after a canopy :thumbsup:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Points ???? 🤣🤣
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2024 8:18 am Points ???? 🤣🤣
:shock: :oops: :lol:
leads

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter