colz fb ute project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

parisian62
State: NSW

Post by parisian62 »

nicely detailed colzy. what ride height are the lovells springs?
Feelin free in a '61 FB.
Member of FB-EK Holden Car Club Of NSW Inc.
Check out the Rebuild of Old Timer
colzy28
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by colzy28 »

parisian62 wrote:nicely detailed colzy. what ride height are the lovells springs?
there 2 inch lowered :) 8) 8) 8) 8)
classic not plastic
wouldnt life be great IF my six bet your eight??
colzy28

Re: colz fb ute project

Post by colzy28 »

geeeeezz
its been awhile haha time goes fast
so ill fill you guys in
havnt had time at all to do anythin on the ute
around june last year through the school i did a course called workplace learing. this is where one day a week you went out to ur workplace and worked for the day( i did mine at a panel beaters). so it went on till november. the guys in the shop were awesome.it was really funny, there was this one guy that would never talk to me. so i thought awk this is that 1 guy that wont like me in the shop. ends up after a couple of weeks he comes up to me and asks wat do u wanna do with your life. so i told him. "i want to do a apprenticeship as a panel beater". so he said, work with me and ill talk to the boss. so i worked with him for a couple of mondays and he told the boss that im the guy he wants. (ill call him my teacher). my teacher has had the boss give him heaps of young guys tryin to give him a apprentice. but my teacher could never work with any of them. but then he came across me and im wat he wants.
so anyway the boss is all about money. and he has seen this too much he said. so he wanted me to prove to him that im keen. so i went in on saturdays and worked for him(because i was still at school). i ended up gettin into BIG trouble at the end of the year with a week left so the principal said go out to ur workplace and get your apprenticeship. so i did that . this was so he could still let me pass year 11. because this principal has been a good guy to me since year 8. he said he could of kicked me out with in the first month of year 8. but he liked me and yer(another story about that lol). so in the end i didnt get the apprenticeship at THAT time of the year. but straight away when school holidays started(1 week early for me) i was at that shop workin monday to saturday 8 to 4. and ive been doin that since. so last week the boss comes up to me and tells me that the lady to do my apprenticeship papers is comin this week to sign them for me and get me goin with the apprenticeship.

so yer as you guys can see ive been REALLLLY busy pushin for this apprenticeship.
but that brings me to this weekend
we striped her down to her underwear(wasnt much)

this is wat i had done previous to this( a couple months ago when i was bored)

so yer this is just start
we are gonna be welding up the floor probly next weekend and lookin into gettin her sandblasted or one of those blasting things
so we can start fresh
thankz guys

so yer
classic not plastic
Dakam

Post by Dakam »

Sh*t dude, looks like you got Ned Kellys chest plate for a trans hump.

Great work by the way.

Dave.
I'd rather drive something made of metal, not plastic!
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

Dakam wrote:Sh*t dude, looks like you got Ned Kellys chest plate for a trans hump.

Great work by the way.

Dave.
hahaha dad and i knew somthin was gonna be said about that. i showed him that i posted that pic and he was like great....
but we got one of those weld in tunnels goin in
im spendin my time on her. savin my money and doin her right. also the way i want it
:)
classic not plastic