Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

EK283
State: NSW

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by EK283 »

Man,

Your so quick, where do you get the time ???????

Bottom bushes are brilliant and I see you have overcome the whoops forgot the control arms :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Good stuff that rust, you need to relax now and just think what the car will give you once its finished. Would enjoy seeing it

in the flesh, are you gonna drive it to the mainland one day ??

Ah what the hell maybe a trip to tassie next year :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Rusty EK »

Try and do an hour a day minimum Greg and one day a weekend for the car and one for the family, am still enjoying it so I think that helps as well , but have had a few days that I just cant be bothered and just do something else and regroup .

Plan is to take it on a cruise to the mainland when its done , would like to try and tee it up with a Nationals so I can check out all the other cars as well , but have to get it finished first and then try and organise it .

If your coming to Tassie let me know , I will put some beers in the fridge :thumbsup:
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

I've just caught up with your last entries on this thread, Rusty. :ebiggrin:
It look great...wish I had a spare 'pinky' in my shed, I'd get it transported up to QLD for Paul to attack in the next few years.

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Scotty , I wish you did too , that thing will look sick 8)

A mate dropped off a few old copies of street machine for me the other day and there was an article on a FJ crewman that Paul was building in there , looks like you have the right man on the job :thumbsup:
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Its done , no more rust . yeah me :D :D :D

Going to fit a couple of electric window mechanism,s to the doors and I am on to finishing the bodywork :D

Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

seeing how that is way bigger than the door what do yo do just cut off what's not needed ? i'm gunna put elc windows in the front of the 2 door got to go to wreckers for a look around i've been told hyundie one's are simular to what you have there just a push up and down set up
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
gpi
State: VIC

Post by gpi »

theyre the same ones ive got.

you just cut off the top what u dont need.
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Had a bit of a play with them tonight , have cut them off just above the little tag you can see at the top of the door , they look like they are going to fit good , the centre bracket is going to bolt straight to the inside of the door and be perfectly centred to the runners .

Just have to make some brackets for the bottom to bolt to, easy as .

Have heard Hyundai ones are much the same but have not seen them , got these ones out of the States $105 US ,everything to do two doors ,wiring switches cheap as chips .
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Electric windows mechanisms fitted a treat , bolted to the inside of door and made a little bracket for the bottom , done , too easy , wish everything fitted like that

ekdave1962

Post by ekdave1962 »

hey interesting build .
Great job to date will you be taking to SA nats ?

ooh yeah what are the eletric window kits from ?
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day ekdave

Dont know about SA , have to see how we go .

Window kit is just a "hot rod window kit " suitable for flat glass
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Hey there Rusty...it's been a while since your last photo's...any new pics you'de like to send...I'm suffering withdrawals!! :? :lol: :lol:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Scotty

Damn computer died again on me , just got it back about an hour ago , she is up and running again but terminal , buggered motherboard apparently :x

Nothing to much exciting on the car to take pictures of, have been rubbing ,rubbing ,rubbing , bodywork is getting very close , have to put a coat of primer on to it and block that back and see how I am going , will be a few little spots to fix up .

Had the last week off from the bodywork and finished off a heap of little annoying jobs , she is back on four wheels now , fuel lines are run , tranny lines are run and coolers fitted , battery cables are run , exhaust is finished off , back section joined to the extractors .

The engine has everthing connected now , vacume lines etc run , carby has been rebuilt .

As of 11.30 PM on Wednesday the 10th of August she is offically ALIVE , she has a running engine :D 8)

Fired up Reasonably well , have a problem getting enough power to the coil ,just have a power wire straight from the alternator to the coil at the moment , will have to sort that out , and the float level is not quite right , she keeps running low on fuel .

But she sounds very healthy , have had her running for about 30 min to run the cam in .

Got a couple of little problems to sort out before I get her running good enough to adjust mixtures , timing etc , have to make a shroud for the thermo fans and a stronger bracket for the alternator .

Had no dramas with the wiring , everything works as it should , no fireball :thumbsup:

Will take a couple of photos when I get some primer on it
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Gday All

Bit of an update for you

Had a couple of forced days off because of the weather this week and put a couple of long days in on the sanding block .

Have got a couple of coats of primer and a guide coat on and bolted her back together .

Got some work to do on the gaps and a bit of a problem with the bonnet bar not sitting at the right angle , but she is not looking too bad .

Have got a few little spots to get a bit more work , see how she comes up when I block it back .

Got the steering together , all I need now is a tailshaft ,master cylinder and some front brake lines and I will be able to drive it about :D

robbyrr

Post by robbyrr »

looking good rusty 8) 8) 8) 8)