2024 afterparty is go !!!!

Here is the place to discuss the Nationals, each year will have a new thread added for up-to-date info!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FireKraka
State: WA

Re: 2024 afterparty is go !!!!

Post by FireKraka »

Now there is a scary bunch, heads on them like robbers dogs :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
The Reverend FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Could have been worse Neil, but you weren't there........

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Yeah I would have made up the dirty half dozen :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
The Reverend FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Errol62 wrote:Could have been worse Neil, but you weren't there........
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage BOOM !!! Both barrels ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Blacky

2024 afterparty is go !!!!

Post by Blacky »

After we left Valley of the giants we headed to Ducketts Mill Wine and Cheese - the food and wine here is top notch, it’s our favourite winery by a long shot
We had a delicious lunch and a glass of wine then went to line the cars up for a photo at the request of the owners or the winery and Briby had a bit of a moment ImageImageImageImage
His upper control arm bush had fractured and while he was reversing up the hill for the pic it failed and the front suspension collapsed Image so bloody lucky this didn’t happen at 100kmh on a wet winding road with bloody great trees on either side Image

His luck didn’t end there either - just so happens that there was a young couple at the winery the same time we were - he is a mechanic with Tasman Motorsport Racing and had all the gear we needed - he also pitched in and pretty much single-handedly repaired the damage as best as he could and we were on our way again ImageImage

When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Thursday morning we split up - some went to the whaling station for a look around and some ladder related shenanigans- Clay can elaborate on that ImageImage while others looked at the chainsaw art and other local attractions while Briby and I went and borrowed a hoist and a tap to finish off the repairs on his front end - one of the threads was damaged and we wanted to sort that out so we chucked her up on a hoist and went and borrowed a 9/16UNF tap
We were at a mates wrecking yard, they had an interesting toilet there -

Cleaned the thread out , reassembled and called it done so off to lunch at due south back in town

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Loved this sign we saw at a local pub Image
Interesting name for sauce - had to try it and it was HOT Image
Inside Due South

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

After lunch and a bit of a spell we headed out to a mates place for a look at his toy collection

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

He races this thing - LS1 6 speed etc mounted on a Triton chassis

More stuff -

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Then back to Albany for the last supper

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Friday morning and the Crupi’s were heading east to Esperance, Clay and Elle were off back to Markup River to catch up with friends, Lindsay and Janessa were staying in Albany for another day so 5 of us headed off to Perth - got on the road after a bit of kerfuffle getting out of town, then Stoney had to head back as he left half his gear in the motel Image
Final blue ute photo

Coffee and a piddle stop at Kojonup
On the road again

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Greg and Anne peeled off heading to Mandurah, Trevand Karen and Stoney peeled off at Armadale and Brian & Kerrie and us headed to CEVA to drop Brian’s car off

And it was all over - back home to mow the lawn do the pool etc ready to fly out on Saturday morning to Brisbane for holiday #2 ImageImage

All in all it was a great week - Shahni and I both had a ball and I think everyone else enjoyed it as well. Next time I am going to print out an itinerary with destination details etc on it as I think there was a bit of confusion at times over where we were going etc. apart from that I think it went pretty smoothly

Errol62
State: SA

Post by Errol62 »

Elle and I had absolute blast. Thanks so much to you and Shani, Trev and Karen, Janessa and Lindsay and the other participants. With the combination of people, the country, and cars, it was great fun!

getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
briby
State: VIC

Post by briby »

Can't thank everyone enough, a great trip over, a fantastic after party & great event in between. Special mention to the Blacks for making everything seems so unfussed.
See ya all next year.
A place for everything and everything in it's place, just can't remember where that place is.