Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by Rusty EK »

LOL :lol: :lol: , pretty much got it with the big patch :D , have questioned my sanity a few times though "harry186" :wink: , good to see your still about ,you be good :)

Any progress on the 2 door ?
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN Rusty if i had your talent i would be a very rich crazy sleepless man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

shmeagain wrote:ITS SHMEAGAIN Rusty if i had your talent i would be a very rich crazy sleepless man :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
X2 SHME if i were half as talented as he is with a welder NOTHING WOULD BE SAFE :twisted: :twisted:

2 door has all the welding done on the left side, right side has door lengthened B pillar moved back and rear outer skin tacked on, BUT it now seems concentration has now shifted to getting the austin A40 van going for summernats :shock: got 7 weeks though :shock: :shock: :( oh and i've bought a HG kingswood but hopefully the plan for that is easy rego, whitewalls, lower and sell quickly (as long as the stars and moon etc line up correctly :) )
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Shme , can you tell me how to get the rich part :?: :?: :) its not in sheetmetal :roll: not talent ,just practice , just have a bash at it :)

Harry , you are a busy boy , better put some photos of the austin up before you head off :)
RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

Some nice tin work there, well done mate!
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day All , Small update on the ute , Big one for me , had the engineer down this morning to give it the once over , and she is all good :D :D

Only thing I have to do is add side intrusion bars to the front doors and to the rear section next to the rear seat ,which I was expecting to have to do , so I am a happy boy .

Has given me the go ahead to finish welding everything and to start reassembly , so have a bit of welding to finish on the inside floor and make some extractors and finish off the steering connections ,then I can pull it to bits and get it back on the spit and finish off underneath .

Oh and fix the rust in the doors and bonnet and guards and front subframe :( :lol: :lol:
Davet

Post by Davet »

omg thats amazing.. i seriously wouldnt know where to start looking at what your working with.. im on my first car build so everything seems like a chore to me to figure out sometimes lol. i guess it doesnt help when the car i bought was already in pieces so i don't really have any idea what goes where i have to figure it out with Google or forums as i go
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Davet , should be fun , not a chore ,plenty of ppl on here that can help you ,just ask the questions :)
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

My Christmas trail of destruction :twisted: , oh and I hate welding :(

RollinLow

Post by RollinLow »

Looking at this makes me wish I had the space and access to the tools to do it myself! :(
Great work mate it's looking awesome!
robbyr

Post by robbyr »

looking good mate,hell of a lot of work gone into this,AWESOME 8)
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Well ,after two weeks of welding and grinding and making bits I can finally say that the the Ute is rust free , well the back half at least :D

Have finished welding everything up , it is all joined together and one piece , with no holes anywhere , all gussets and brackets needed to hang exhaust , shocks etc are on , all crush tubes are in , it even has a go pedal

Only thing I need now is a handbrake .

From now on I am on to body work :D , and I will just shut the hanging panels out of my mind for a while :lol:

I think I am winning with this thing :D , still got a ways to go though
samprinci

Post by samprinci »

well done... lookn good. look forward to more pix n progress

Sam
Join the fun! Join the club! - FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW
www.fbekholdennsw.com
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

Well done indeed Rusty, you need to keep some of that concrete flooring to remind you just how far you've come. 8)
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks guys , got a piece of the front guard made out of concrete that I am going to get framed and hang on the wall of the Man cave :lol: