Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

vintageholden
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by vintageholden »

55,s get my vote there nice...
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day All , thought I would do a quick update while I am sitting down having lunch , been a bit slack on the ute the last few weeks ,keep getting side tracked with other stuff :roll:

My new front springs turned up this week so banged them in and then set the back end up to the final height I was after ,will be able to finish making spring mounts etc for the diff now and get that finished off .

Here is a pick of the final ride height, cant really get a good side on shot to much junk in the shed .

Also have made a big improvement inside , we have a floor again :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D ,a bit more welding and a clean up over the weekend and that will be one more thing I can tick off the list to be done .

Next job is to make up some seat mounts and sort out the seat belt mounts also .

Thats about all for now .
EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

Hey Rusty,
Cars looking good, what height springs did you get for the front ? I was thinking standard height with HZ stubs so the front sits low but still has good suspension travel.
I think your progress is quite good considering the amount of work you've done, keep it up.

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Trev

Post by Trev »

The ride height looks good, did you make the floor or is it out of another car?
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Greg , have you put the HZ stubs on yet ? I used HQ on mine and what I have found has happened is the stubs give you an inch drop , but, the stubs must be slightly shorter , haven't got STD Torrie ones to compare , so the std springs are actually too long and she was hitting on the top bump stops , I have put 2 1/2 inch lower ones in it which gives me great travel now .

These only changed the drop a further 1/2 inch , but I think it is a good Height for a Driver ,it has legal suspension travel and it looks good and I have no problems with the 14 inch wheels hitting anywhere , and I haven't rolled the arches either .

Let me know how you go with yours.

G,day Trev , all new floor , looks sweet from underneath too ,all smooth, no rust in that floor :wink: :D
arty64

Post by arty64 »

Looking great,im loving the work your doing,have u come up with a solution for the tail lights yet ?? :D :D :D
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Arthur , thanks for that , have an idea in my head how I want to do the tail lights but haven't got back to them yet , have to modify a sedan bumper first to get the right position for the lights to sit , have been a bit over the body work ,sick of cutting bits out and putting new bits in, hence the change to the floor , something a bit different for a while .
willie

Post by willie »

HI matey hey cool car i realy love the concrete just dont no why holden didnt make there cars like :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that love the mods u doin should look very cool with the xtra cab love it :D :D :D
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Willie, thanks for the comments , not sad to see the concrete gone , I saved a lower front guard section that is made from concrete to hang on the wall as a reminder :roll: :D
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Hi all

Another small update on the ute have been working on some fiddly little bits ,so not alot to show , but have got all the mounting points for the front and rear seat belts fitted , bit of mucking around making panels and the backing plates and nuts .

Also have pulled a Commodore wagon rear seat to pieces and made it fit in the rear of the ute , had to narrow it down and trim out foam to fit around the tubs and modify the steel frame to suit .

Just need to get it retrimmed now .

Went to the swap meet that was on in Launceston today , hoping to find some tail lights , nothing there of interest but I found a Grille out of a 51 I think Desoto , so the stock grille has just got the boot :roll:
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

that grille looks almost like an FB/EK overrider one-takes half the work out of it! 8)
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Here is a better look

How do you adjust the size of your photos in photobucket ???? can get big ones or little???
ben jones

Post by ben jones »

EKjimmy wrote:that grille looks almost like an FB/EK overrider one-takes half the work out of it! 8)
that grille is what the EK/FB overrider grilles are trying to copy, they're a very sort after grille in the kustom world lucky you 8)
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Better than having to make one.. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Great score! 8)

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

I was pretty happy too , just need to make some side pieces now as the original ones are too wide , had an idea of using rear sedan indicators on their side,fit perfect and look ok too.