colz fb ute project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Yes Colin,
you have an excellent opportunity to weld in that tunnel now - no need for the rails yet - unless you want to take that on as well...... they will make your ute a lot stronger....

Scotty, it is a very sad state of affairs that I must now reveal to the forum I have only been formally educated to year 9 - I left school at 15 and started work..... still with the same employer (well, almost...... they have changed, but I have remained loyal) ......

I have spent the 40 years hence trying to catch up on some of the schooling I probably should have completed...... might get there before I "fall off the perch"......

frats,
Rosco
FB MAD
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by FB MAD »

rosco wrote:Yes Colin,
you have an excellent opportunity to weld in that tunnel now - no need for the rails yet - unless you want to take that on as well...... they will make your ute a lot stronger....

Scotty, it is a very sad state of affairs that I must now reveal to the forum I have only been formally educated to year 9 - I left school at 15 and started work..... still with the same employer (well, almost...... they have changed, but I have remained loyal) ......

I have spent the 40 years hence trying to catch up on some of the schooling I probably should have completed...... might get there before I "fall off the perch"......

frats,
Rosco
Nothing to be ashamed of Rosco, many, many millionares and even billionares in history had little schooling and became successfull people in their time.

A lot of the stuff that gets taught in school nowdays doesn't prepare kids for life in the working world anyway.
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

yer were gonna weld it in for sure. and nah were not worried about the rails yet.

im 15 and now in year 11. i was thinking of not going bak to school this year and getting a trade becoz school isnt really for me . but we have decided that i should finish year 12 :) lol
classic not plastic
wouldnt life be great IF my six bet your eight??
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

update on whats happenin with the engine

dad sed i could have the hot grey
before
after
and found this lol

soooooooo we have decided to grab this engine and use all the good parts (internals) in this and build it up
(there doesnt seem to be anything done on the worked motors head apart from it being shaved. were thinking of goin the larger valves from a red motor.)
before
after

working progress here :P

paintin the hr suspension arms( after i spent the weekend useing the wire brush on them :P)

painted them silver :)

and my afterschool project i finished today :) i think it looks beautiful :P love the idea of changing the colour :)

ok thankz guys
classic not plastic
J
State: WA

Post by J »

good job!
thats about how far i got with my grey motor... then i caught the red disease
FB MAD

Post by FB MAD »

Good onya colzy, good to see you young fellas doing the same sort of thing us old farts did all those years ago 8) 8) 8) .
I can't think what to write here so this will do.
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

Nice work there Colzy...

Dash is beautiful mate, if you get bored and want to do another let me know.... :lol:

goodluck keeping the silver clean, if you drive it lots!

cheers
NoMAD
SC00BB
State: NSW

Post by SC00BB »

good progress
Harko

Post by Harko »

Good stuff Colzy , enjoy that grey for while untill you realise Chevs perform REALY well :lol:
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

NoMAD wrote:Nice work there Colzy...

Dash is beautiful mate, if you get bored and want to do another let me know.... :lol:

goodluck keeping the silver clean, if you drive it lots!

cheers
NoMAD
mann i was nervous enough doing my own ayy .so i dont know how i would feel doing someone elses dash lol . coz those clips can be a pain if they are old and brittle. and u dont know until u try pulling them bak :( :shock:
classic not plastic
NoMAD

Post by NoMAD »

nah i know what you mean, i've had mine apart sprayed the backgrounds red, however will be re-doing them a bit different, also put white LED's in for dash lighting...

cheers
NOMAD
EKjimmy

Post by EKjimmy »

good idea keeping the grey, and even better idea keeping on at school. Im 19, i finished yr12 in 2008 but i never did any work so obviously ended up with a mystery mark (below 30).
I'm now back at TAFE re-doing my HSC. Even if you do really well and then decide to do a trade you'll still have it to fall back on.
'The best engine in the world is a vagina. It can be started with only one finger. It is self-lubricating. It takes any size piston. And it changes it's own oil every four weeks. It is a pity that the management system is so f*$king temperamental.'
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Cool Colin 8)
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

thankz guys :):):):) :D :D :D :D
classic not plastic
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

updating on the hr frontend :)

after hiting it with the wire brush

after the primer

off the gun . no clear yet

will be puting the clear on tommorow probs :)
thankz guys
classic not plastic