Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by Rusty EK »

Hi all , here is this weeks update , have been trying to sort out the guards and bonnet , getting a bit down on cutting rust out ,but can see the end of it coming soon :D

Have made one new headlight peak for the passenger side , am happy with it , reckon it looks better than the original peak , have lost a heap of photos this week , damn computer has swallowed them :x welded up the join in the front guard and cut out a heap of rust in it and welded in new panels , frenched in an antenna hole where the existing hole was but only have the before photos .

Made a new piece for the bottom of the guard and welded on .

Lost a heap of photos of this process

Made a start on the bonnet , had to cut out the front section because of rust , so cut it a bit higher to get rid of the holes for the letters as well .

Had my 10 year old son come down to help me today , have been trying to get him into it since I started but has showed little interest in it , well today couldnt stop him , said Dad today I am going to fix the tail lights for you , he did too :D

Done it all himself , pretty good job eh :wink:

Wanted something else to do , so I got him to cut a patch for the speaker hole , thought that would keep him out of my hair for a while , the little bugger done it in about 15 min , he impressed me too , not too bad , had the curve right and all , has told his Mum dont plan anything for next weekend because me and Dad are working on the ute all weekend :lol: :roll:

Well thats about all for now , have to rest up now got a big weekend next week apparently :wink:
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN You mite have a panel better in the making cool my sun is fourteen and he is not showing much interest still waiting for hes nuts to drop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Rusty EK wrote:has told his Mum dont plan anything for next weekend because me and Dad are working on the ute all weekend :lol: :roll:
You Gotta love that 8)

Looking good Rusty
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Hey shme , he has always been good with his hands , have to get him up to speed and he will be able to do the next one for me :D

Thommo , its half the reason I got the ute , thought it would be good father and son bonding time , just couldn't get him going ,how is the van coming along :?:
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Rusty EK wrote:how is the van coming along :?:
Slow but sure :)
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN Yer rusty that's way i joined the gun club my son likes guns so we go shooting every Monday night targets not animal's
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

got a clay target range next door , been going to give it a go ,but just never get there , how slack is that ?
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Love the headlights Rusty, they look good parallel with the line on the guards 8)

Kinda gives the front a tuffer look too i think.......
[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww162/brodie_mitchell/av-49951.gif[/img]
Harko

Post by Harko »

shmeagain wrote:ITS SHMEAGAIN You mite have a panel better in the making cool my sun is fourteen and he is not showing much interest still waiting for hes nuts to drop :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mines 5 and he shows just a glimmer of interest in the cars but do you think I can get him to clean his bike :(

Coming along well Rusty 8)
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Brodie , yeah think you are right , makes it look lower too , strange but true , the end of the peak sits lower than the stock one , so I guess that's it.

Harko , cant even get mine to put his back in the shed , just drops it where he is finished with it , backed over his last one , so don't expect improvement as he gets older .

The shed is starting to get a bit crowded now , car creep my wife calls it , car bits are creeping more and more into the centre of the shed :roll: , got a section of shed that I need to concrete and push all the car stuff out into that , get me my workshop back .
shmeagain

Post by shmeagain »

ITS SHMEAGAIN Grate tool you made very simple but affective i brought some of those rust repair sections from rare spares and they were crap good job rusty 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
NoMAD
State: WA

Post by NoMAD »

Hey Rusty how about some 55 or 56 Chevy Tailights

just a thought...

cheers
Nathan
FB/EK Holden Car Club of W.A. Inc
Foundation Member
Mick Jagger

Post by Mick Jagger »

Headlights look awesome 8)
kmawic
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Shme , Iam a cheap bugger , will have a go at making most things before shelling out on them , trying to save money for the shiney bits at the end :D , they wasnt to bad to make actually , took about a half hour plus, of bashing and tapping.

Nomad , have been on ebay USA looking at these , you can buy the lens and chrome surrounds , repro , pretty reasonable , have got this idea in my head that I want to try first but havent got back to the tail lights yet .

Am going to try and fit a sedan bumper to the back and alter the body to follow the bumper and make some frenched in lights about the same shape as the 55 lights.

Mick , thanks for that was hoping to get the other one done this week end , but am modifying my work trailer today so I can get a car on it , am sick of spending money on hiring car trailers , its starting to add up :shock: , and tomorrow am going to the centre of Tassie to pick up an FB sedan and some more parts , so think the ute might miss out this weekend , how is the progress going on your machine :?: 8) 8) 8)
stinky
State: SA

Post by stinky »

Flip a set of 55's, they'll look almost like factory and have people guessing :wink: