colz fb ute project

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

colzy28
State: NOT ENTERED

colz fb ute project

Post by colzy28 »

hey guys i am nearly 16 and im finishing the 3rd rebuild of my dads FB ute. The car was on the road in various incarnations from 88 to 92 and was taken off the road temperarely (18yrs) to upgrade to V8 running gear, but now we are getting it ready for my P's in about 18 months, with a worked grey motor and front suspension upgrade.

this is a be4 photo in the 90s

NOW

some engines to choose from :P
Last edited by colzy28 on Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
classic not plastic
wouldnt life be great IF my six bet your eight??
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

Welcome to the Forum Colin :D Nice ute, it'll serve you well for many years. 8)

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
stubby

Post by stubby »

welcome looks like a nice ute you have there
stubby
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Welcome to the mad house Colin. What an awesome first car! Your Dad must be very proud that you are going to give the FB the TLC that he obviously did...... well done.
NoMAD
State: WA

Post by NoMAD »

Welcome Colzy... nice starting point... and must say you are very lucky to have the space you are working in...

plenty of us young FB / EK's in WA... Brodie, Aust(mod), J...starting to out number the older boys :lol:

keep the pics coming mate!

Cheers
NoMAD
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Welcome to the forum colin :wink:
Things seem to be growing quickly in WA.
Keep us posted on your progress.

Cheers
Jeff
J
State: WA

Post by J »

welcome to the forum!
us young WA blokes have good taste in cars :P

Come out on a cruise with us sometime!
oldnek

Post by oldnek »

G'day Colin and Welcome.

Thats a pretty clean palette to work from, doesn't appear to be much rust from the pics, and hope you slot that engine thats on the far left floor level. :D

regards John
There's nothing as Sweet as a EK V8
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

oldnek wrote:G'day Colin and Welcome.

Thats a pretty clean palette to work from, doesn't appear to be much rust from the pics, and hope you slot that engine thats on the far left floor level. :D

regards John
haha yer dad was going to put that in that is why he took it off the road that last time :P
but for now im just having the hotted up grey motor with triple su's and if i want some more power (probly will :P) we can take her off tha road again and put the small block chev in it :):)
classic not plastic
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

Must be somethin in the water over here lol.

Hey Col, welcome 8) 8) 8)

Going off your first pic id say he did, but did your dad ever end up running this ute with a V8 or just have plans for it? If he did, what box did he run cos i noticed that its still got the standard tunnel in it...
[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww162/brodie_mitchell/av-49951.gif[/img]
Stygian
State: NSW

Post by Stygian »

colzy28 wrote:...but for now im just having the hotted up grey motor with triple su's...
A nostalgia hot grey sounds perfect Colin... don't be surprised if you end up keeping it :wink: :)

A nice, straight and clean basis for a project... am looking forward to the progress pics...
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Hi Colin,
welcome aboard - you young chaps have got two things going for you over us older grey-beards......

years - and lack of senility ... but don't worry.... both will come, in time.....

Great entry level and opportunity to join our "world".....
You must be the envy of most young chaps in your area, Colin - regardless of what they are driving.... if you get this right, and there's no reason you won't - your Dad is going to become your best mate.... you'll enthrall in the ambience of owning and maintaining a "classic" for many years....

Don't be too anxious to get more "oomph" out of the old grey - there comes a time in all of us - when we appreciate just how "special" running a modest grey is - you do not need to "prove" anything - the previous 50 years has more than done that for you........
I'd put my original grey back in if ever I find it....... B 210600.. forever looking......

With all those engines in your "shed"..... surely you can find another body or two for your next project........ 21st birthday isn't going to be that far away....... the years from drivers licence to 21 vaporise to weeks..... mine did...

welcome again, Colin - enjoy.........

frats,
Rosco
Sputzwagon

Post by Sputzwagon »

rosco wrote: you'll enthrall in the ambience of owning and maintaining a "classic" for many years....
Once again you leave us all in awe of your use of the language, Rosco. :wink:

Scotty.
[img]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg211/scottyharrod/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No 2
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

Brodie wrote:
did your dad ever end up running this ute with a V8 or just have plans for it? If he did, what box did he run cos i noticed that its still got the standard tunnel in it...
nah dad never put a V8 in it. its been on tha rotisserie since 92.

but we are putting a larger tunnel in it so that if i want to go the V8 option later it will be easier.
classic not plastic
colzy28

Post by colzy28 »

Edna Blueflash wrote: A nostalgia hot grey sounds perfect Colin... don't be surprised if you end up keeping it :wink: :)

A nice, straight and clean basis for a project... am looking forward to the progress pics...
yer i like the grey motors. you can make them look so good.
thats whats good is that if i want to try a more powerful engine, we can just take the grey out and put it aside and i might want to put it bak in later on :)
classic not plastic