WALLY'S EK

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

FJWALLY
State: VIC

Re: WALLY'S EK

Post by FJWALLY »

Went for a quick blurt in the ute before changing baffles over on the FJ exhaust and spending some time with some stripper and a horse then a refreshing ale Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
You will find me lost somewhere!
ardiesse
State: NSW

Post by ardiesse »

"I am Pegasus - my name means horse . . . "

(and I'm thinking, that doesn't look like a Humpy seen from beneath)

Rob
Harv

Post by Harv »

FJWALLY wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:39 pmspending some time with some stripper
Paint stripper. Paint stripper.

For a second there will thought the forum had gone a little R18+ 🤣

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

ardiesse wrote:"I am Pegasus - my name means horse . . . "

(and I'm thinking, that doesn't look like a Humpy seen from beneath)

Rob
Few more horses than the humpy ImageImage

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Harv wrote:
FJWALLY wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 3:39 pmspending some time with some stripper
Paint stripper. Paint stripper.

For a second there will thought the forum had gone a little R18+ Image

Cheers,
Harv
ImageImageImage

Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

PM me your address - I will send you a decent stubby holder :thumbsup:
I started with nothing and still have most of it left.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Toot Toot Image

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Very impressive work , is it collapsible ? I gather there is a reason the drive is under the column not above where it would be less noticeable ?

some of the older members in our club may be interested in this , is there any talk of a limited production run or is yours a one off ?

Do you have a pic of the column out of the car or any details on how the linkages were modified ? There are some bloody clever people out there :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

ardiesse

Post by ardiesse »

Linkage modifications - I'm guessing that's what the cutaways and --__-- shaped strap on the right hand side of the column are for.

Rob
FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Blacky wrote:Very impressive work , is it collapsible ? I gather there is a reason the drive is under the column not above where it would be less noticeable ?

some of the older members in our club may be interested in this , is there any talk of a limited production run or is yours a one off ?

Do you have a pic of the column out of the car or any details on how the linkages were modified ? There are some bloody clever people out there :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
There is some give in the column Blacky but doubt it would be considered collapsible by the powers that be - essentially it is a cut and shut insertion with splined and welded joints - no change at all to top end or box - the linkage is the first of it’s kind as they have only been fitted to floor shift cars prior so it’s a bit experimental but yes very clever - I’ll get some pics together once she back on the road - first start up yesterday after the head was ported and pegged to manifold and worked a little bit - The 2 inch SU should help it along also

Blacky

Post by Blacky »

FJWALLY wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:37 am
Blacky wrote:Very impressive work , is it collapsible ? I gather there is a reason the drive is under the column not above where it would be less noticeable ?

There is some give in the column Blacky but doubt it would be considered collapsible by the powers that be - essentially it is a cut and shut insertion with splined and welded joints - no change at all to top end or box - the linkage is the first of it’s kind as they have only been fitted to floor shift cars prior so it’s a bit experimental but yes very clever - I’ll get some pics together once she back on the road - first start up yesterday after the head was ported and pegged to manifold and worked a little bit - The 2 inch SU should help it along also

We need pics of long, smokey burnouts - STAT !!!

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

ardiesse wrote:Linkage modifications - I'm guessing that's what the cutaways and --__-- shaped strap on the right hand side of the column are for.

Rob
Yep there is a bridge type linkage that in effect bypasses the motor and connections - I’m yet to go through that with them as it appears they have made some modifications of there own
Blacky the motor just wont fit under the dash - I may remove the heater and git the smaller beehive type to get it higher nut it doesnt interfere with clutch foot

FJWALLY

Post by FJWALLY »

Cost may be prohibitive for many - mine was a proto so a lot of time will be saved in future versions but I would not expect change from 5k plus supply of column and a recoed steering box plus freight each way to UK

Harv

Post by Harv »

FJWALLY wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:37 am...first start up yesterday after the head was ported and pegged to manifold and worked a little bit - The 2 inch SU should help it along also
You don't need the Armstrong power steering... just more cam and headwork. Point, plant right foot and it will steer itself.
Blacky wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:40 amWe need pics of long, smokey burnouts - STAT !!!
Will settle for a timeslip or dyno readout :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

ardiesse wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 11:34 am Linkage modifications - I'm guessing that's what the cutaways and --__-- shaped strap on the right hand side of the column are for.

Rob
I bought a couple of power columns with the idea of doing this mod - not to a column shift column but its obviously doable so any pics would help my feeble brain overcome the obstacles ......