door handles

Need something for your daily driver or to finish off that project?

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

timbo.ambo
State: NSW

door handles

Post by timbo.ambo »

$_20.png
$_20.png (527.54 KiB) Viewed 220 times
Hi all.

After owning my EK for a couple of years now I finally realise why I needed to replace my door opener mechanism and handle: without thinking, you grab it to pull the door shut.

I've seen pics of EK doors with "pull shut" handles that I thought I should install. I discovered that they were a Nasco accessory. I found a pic on google that I've attached here.

So they range from $10 for a corroded pair to $300 for re-chromed pair on ebay. I could always go to Bunnings and get a non-standard pair, but I don't really want to do that.

Would anyone have a spare pair (or four) that look reasonable (that'll look like they've always been there on my doors :vecctor: ) they would be willing to sell me?

Also, for those who have them installed, do you agree they are a good accessory and will save wear on my opening handle and mechanism?

Cheers. Tim (Grafton)
Errol62
State: SA

Re: door handles

Post by Errol62 »

I’ve never thought they suited the style of the cars personally Tim. I find thepictured four hole items particularly agricultural in appearance. Search Lenlok on here and you will see a non nasco style that have the ribbing to match the door and window handles and don’t look bad. Probably harder to find again. Lenlok made/make everything from petrol caps to cabinetry handles so eBay and google don’t help much.

As a “conscious” early Holden driver of many years I soon learned to treat the door handles with care when opening and closing and haven’t had any real problems.
Cheers
Clay

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
timbo.ambo
State: NSW

Post by timbo.ambo »

Hi Clay.
I agree with you. They all look like something off the Bunnings shelves.

I searched "Lenlok" and these ones look perfect:
DSCN6575_1.jpg
DSCN6575_1.jpg (68.36 KiB) Viewed 210 times
Unfortunately the conversation is old....but I have a new treasure hunt now! Wish me luck :readingg:

Tim

PS does anyone have a spare set of Lenlok pull handles?
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Hmmm.... I don't think I could bring myself to drill holes in the door.
A day in the shed beats a day at work!