our FB ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

WayneXG95
State: NSW

Re: our FB ute

Post by WayneXG95 »

Don't do that again ya scared the sh*t outta me... :o

I noticed that with Russells Black EK the reds nice... :thumbsup:
Wayne Chambers
President
FB EK Holden Car Club of N.S.W
scottysarah
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by scottysarah »

Here's the latest progress, hood lining and windscreen fitted, has anyone experienced puckering of the windscreen seal? Just a bit on the two top inside corners.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (40.66 KiB) Viewed 1058 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (51.54 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (60.7 KiB) Viewed 1059 times
Last edited by scottysarah on Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

ScottySarah,
this will be a great vehicle when you finish it... or near finish it - I don't think any of us really finish one to 100%.... there's always "something".
Once the windscreen goes in - they look an awful lot better..

I do like the flash and roof paint contrast and flash kit on your ute - not one of the usual sights.

Just spotted the fresh paintwork on your wheels - decision made?

Looking forward to an eyeball on your work - any plans for Renmark?

frats,
Rosco
scottysarah
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by scottysarah »

Thanks for the encouragement, would love to get down to Renmark, still a bit to go yet I'm afraid.
We have gone for 'as it left the dealer', however the wider wheels would make it look a little tougher, as tough as a pink ute can look?

rosco wrote:ScottySarah,
this will be a great vehicle when you finish it... or near finish it - I don't think any of us really finish one to 100%.... there's always "something".
Once the windscreen goes in - they look an awful lot better..

I do like the flash and roof paint contrast and flash kit on your ute - not one of the usual sights.

Just spotted the fresh paintwork on your wheels - decision made?

Looking forward to an eyeball on your work - any plans for Renmark?

frats,
Rosco
rosco
State: VIC

Post by rosco »

Arghhh, ScottySarah - times have changed... apparently, it's now ok for a tough bloke to wear pink..
The ladies believe that such a person is "in touch with their feminine side".. pretty sure that any such pink would get ripped off if there weren't likely to be females at a known event, though....

Yes, changing wheels is easy.

I recall a very competitive person who attended all nationals with the sole intention of winning a trophy... and only "one" trophy would ever do.
This person took particular notice of what turned up at the sign on - and altered the looks of the car if one of the classes was a "sure bet".

If all you need to do is change wheels.. and add a little extra adornments to change class from original to sports... you have the best of both worlds - but not what I would ever suggest to win a trophy... you can simply run the ute as original one day, change the wheels and engine bay bling and present the car in sports the next.... as mentioned, wheels are easy - one hubcap and five nuts per wheel...

Keep going, you don't have time to respond to my dribble - there's work to be done.. and yes, there's heaps of time to make the Renmark Nats... just get off this blasted computer and post up progress pix...

frats,
Rosco
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Hey Rosco,

Your right in ref to the pink. I remember back in the early 80's there was a two tone pink FB going around, it was immaculate. As good as it was I could never own that car back then. As it was I copped enough flack driving a grey/white FB. Now it is a different story hey......

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!