Rusty EK,s Ute

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Rusty EK
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: Rusty EK,s Ute

Post by Rusty EK »

Just searching the net now , bloody Hobart ,cant buy anything down here .

And they complain that everybody is buying every thing online now ,and not supporting local sellers , wonder why

Thanks for the wiper tube idea Paul , got that the other day :thumbsup:
Smooth customs

Post by Smooth customs »

No worries, glad I could help
I had to find ways to build cars and locate strange parts way before the net made it a no brainer.
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Got to get back under the Ute this weekend and finish and tidy up a few things , mate lent me a set of jack stands .

Just jacked it up and put them under , the new chassis is that good you can pull one jack stand out , leaving it sitting there on three and it does not move a millimetre :D

Well impressed me anyway :D :lol: :roll:

Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

you could do the same thing with the convertable we built years ago, we put one side up on a ramp and jack the other side front up and the back came with it pretty cool
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
wot179

Post by wot179 »

To make you laugh.....

I stuck a smallblock in a HR years ago.

Ist time out,I ran the accelerator with a piece of wire straight to the carby through the hole where the windscreen should have been.

Gave it a quick BLAAT out the front of mum and dads house,and shit myself.

Stood on the brakes hard,pulling back on the steering wheel,which,like you,had no nut holding it on.....

So the steering wheel comes off....but the seat isnt bolted in either,so that flys over backwards.

Theres me,like a turtle on its back,holding a steering wheel and a piece of wire,with my feet flailing about the place looking for a brake pedal.

Just lucky the damn thing stalled crossed up across the road blocking both lanes of(busy) traffic.

And then figuring out that I had the 4 speed linkages on upside down so I couldn't pick reverse.....

Oh,Glory Days..........................you aint the only one!!! :lol:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Elwood: I bet these cops got SCMODS.
Jake: SCMODS?
Elwood: State County Municipal Offender Data System.

W.S.C.C.A.
St Marys chapter.
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: , why do we do it :? as soon as it runs we have to drive it :crazy:

Mick ,it makes a big differance to them that extra bit of steel
bootlegger

Post by bootlegger »

When I was about seven or eight my grandmother took me and my brother to the movies at burwood. When we came out of the movie there was this black 64 mustang convertible parked in the foyer after crashing through the window.
When I looked at the car I noticed it didn't have any interior. The guy was driving it sitting on an upturned plastic bucket.
The guy driving did a runner. Turns out it was in for a new interior and one of the guys thought it would be fun to go for a test drive.
samprinci

Post by samprinci »

hey Dave.. HA!! guess the idea was good at the time, till he crash through the window.. DOH!!
Join the fun! Join the club! - FB-EK Holden Car Club of NSW
www.fbekholdennsw.com
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Well , The ute has sat unloved for a couple of weeks since I put it on jack stands , done some damage to my foot :roll: , and after hobbling around trying to do a days work , just could not find anything left to go to the shed after hours , but am back into it again now .

She now has working brakes except for the one slide pin I am missing :thumbsup: , ready for the next test drive :roll: :lol:

Next job is on to finishing off the tub , have been putting it off cause its a pain to get in there and sand , but now it has to be done :cry:

Started to mock up an alloy fuel tank to go in there ,have got it together and fully welded on the inside , just have to chase down some fittings now and weld up the outside .

EK283
State: NSW

Post by EK283 »

AAAAAAH,

You sly dog UC Upper control arms. This should handle well then ?

How did the bushes turn out on the lower arms ?

Mate looking good as usual, what do you reckon cruising before christmas ??

Regards Greg
So many cars so little time!
Trev

Post by Trev »

I am slack, they are in the mail...............................................tomorrow :thumbsup: no charge :wink:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

G,day Greg , no cheating :lol: , whole front end is out of a UC ,was disclosed at the start :ebiggrin: ,I hope it handles ok , and the bottom bushes give you heaps of adjustment , but have not tried to do a wheel alignment or anything radical as yet , but looks good .

Am hoping to get it painted and back together for this summer to get some use out of it and just do the interior as I get to it , well thats the plan , but it hasn,t gone to plan lately .

Trev , no problems you are not exactly stopping me from driving :lol: , thought you have had more important things going on , and bulldust no charge .
Trev

Post by Trev »

Sent today Chris :thumbsup:
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
Rusty EK

Post by Rusty EK »

Thanks Trev , you are a Gentleman and a Scholar :D and I owe you a big fat beer .
Trev

Post by Trev »

Rusty EK wrote:Thanks Trev , you are a Gentleman and a Scholar :D and I owe you a big fat beer .
My favorite type of beer mmmmmmm