2011 Motorex Pics

Post dates and info on upcoming events, or pictures from events that have been on...

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Cal
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: 2011 Motorex Pics

Post by Cal »

Were Charley Hutton and Gene Winfield brought out here by the show organizers, or did they just come out on their to sus out the show?

Can't believe Winfield is in his 80's :shock:
hewey

Post by hewey »

There was a 2 day workshop last week with John D'Agostino, Gene, and Charley all teaching/giving demos. It was sponsored/promoted by PPG, and was on Thursday/Friday last week. That's about all I know about it, but word is it was pretty good. :thumbsup:
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

hewey wrote:
Brian Willis’ Monaro was on the Street Machine stand, as part of their 30th anniversary celebrations. And yes he still owns it and it’s still in great condition. Brian and his wife were both lovely people, she rode in the EJ with us on the first leg because Brian had Charley Hutton with him. And yes driving through Sydney at night alongside the HK was pretty awesome!
Now that's pretty cool! I'll never forget seeing it for the first time at a Spring Car Nats when it was doing the rounds. Sounds like right place right time Hewey! You lucky lucky bastard.... :mrgreen:
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

hewey wrote:
Devilrod wrote: When did the Monaro re-emerge?!?!?! I haven't seen it since the mid 90's!
Brian Willis’ Monaro was on the Street Machine stand, as part of their 30th anniversary celebrations. And yes he still owns it and it’s still in great condition. Brian and his wife were both lovely people, she rode in the EJ with us on the first leg because Brian had Charley Hutton with him. And yes driving through Sydney at night alongside the HK was pretty awesome!
brian lives not far from me i stumbled across him one day while driving i stopped to look at some cars in a padock, when a car came out of the propperty i was expecting a cranky farmer with the usual what are you looking at, but he came down said g'day then recognised me as i did him from summernats, told me he still had the monaro invited me in and said drop by anytime, top bloke :thumbsup:

also re: motorex was speaking to somebody on facebook about some tickets they said they could get me to summernats SM party, they said they should be able to get me some but to ring them sat around lunch :? confused i said why so early as summernats is still 6 odd months off, they were confused and thought i meant the SM party for motorex :evil: i wasn't going to motorex so i wasn't in sydney missed oportunity :( :(
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Cal

Post by Cal »

hewey wrote:There was a 2 day workshop last week with John D'Agostino, Gene, and Charley all teaching/giving demos. It was sponsored/promoted by PPG, and was on Thursday/Friday last week. That's about all I know about it, but word is it was pretty good. :thumbsup:

I bet the Americans would've beeb surprised to see cars being painted here in Oz that didn't need a layer of "bondo" covering the whole car :lol:

Mick, I got excited when you mentioned SM party..............then realised you meant street machine party :oops:
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

I didn't make the show as planned so thanks heaps for the pics guys
MattO

Post by MattO »

FBeing wrote:I didn't make the show as planned so thanks heaps for the pics guys
Why's that Stu :econfused: :econfused: :mrgreen:
FBeing

Post by FBeing »

MattO wrote:
FBeing wrote:I didn't make the show as planned so thanks heaps for the pics guys
Why's that Stu :econfused: :econfused: :mrgreen:
Umm coz....*cough*...something came up :oops: :D
Molly

Post by Molly »

Hi guys, the FB is mine and it's Shaga Green. A modified version from the VW/Audi range.
Sorry SC00BB, re the plates. I was spuin that the RTA got 2 years worth of holding fees, I had a few hold up's during the build which delayed Engineer approval.
Comments always welcome, whether some people think that they may be good or bad, I guess its in the eye of the viewer.
One thing that I wouldn't change was the passion to finish it.
I look forward to catching up with you guys & gals at the Old Holden day at Richmond.
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Hey Molly - good to see you got her on the road :D

Wheres the build pics ?????????????????????????????????
I started with nothing and still have most of it left.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
muza

Post by muza »

Blacky wrote:Hey Molly - good to see you got her on the road :D

Wheres the build pics ?????????????????????????????????
x2 :thumbsup:
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
Harko

Post by Harko »

I remember Lance talking about someone building a nice EK ute a while back ,Would that be you Molly.
Its a colour I was always going to paint something with over the years but could never find anything it would suit .
It suits the ute very well .

What part of Wollongong are you from ?
Easily distracted angle manipulator extrordinaire.
SC00BB
State: NSW

Post by SC00BB »

Molly wrote:Hi guys, the FB is mine and it's Shaga Green. A modified version from the VW/Audi range.
Sorry SC00BB, re the plates. I was spuin that the RTA got 2 years worth of holding fees, I had a few hold up's during the build which delayed Engineer approval.
Comments always welcome, whether some people think that they may be good or bad, I guess its in the eye of the viewer.
One thing that I wouldn't change was the passion to finish it.
I look forward to catching up with you guys & gals at the Old Holden day at Richmond.

Mate it's a beautiful car nice job :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: 8) 8) 8)

I ended up getting another plate anyway cost a shit load more though "V8FB"
Brodie

Post by Brodie »

I reckon the gold effy was the best car there by a long shot, the work in that was bewdiful and you couldnt fault the finish.. :thumbsup:

Alot of nice cars there but i gotta say i thought the quality would of been a bit higher..
I was kinda surprised at the amount of faults that you could pick in alot of the high end stuff... alot of little faults but even some fairly noticable ones too, that definately shouldve been fixed for cars of that level

That monaro didnt do much for me..................

Molly, nice ute man 8) 8) 8) 8)
Last edited by Brodie on Fri Jul 29, 2011 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i716.photobucket.com/albums/ww162/brodie_mitchell/av-49951.gif[/img]
Cal

Post by Cal »

I was going to say something about the quality of the cars, but thought I'd keep my mouth shut in case the thought police were on my back :mrgreen:

The quality in the main arena was pretty good, and on par with last year. A lot of these actually get driven, so you can expect the odd chip here or there.

Though when you moved to the second arena you got the impression they were trying to make up numbers this year. Odd thing was that there were some cars on display outside that definitely should've been inside, and some that were inside that should've been outside.