GMH Body Id Plate, Chassis & engine No ..... Please post.

Includes sheet metal, rubbers, bumpers, badges and rust repairs.

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

muza
State: NOT ENTERED

Re: GMH Body Id Plate, Chassis & engine No ..... Please post

Post by muza »

:o :o 8) 8)
FB Holden Fernando Yellow/Arctic Beige flash
Stock as a rock
75 series Landcruiser 350 Chev
Not so stock
Mick
State: NSW

Post by Mick »

not quite sure what i'm looking at with yor data :oops: what is the lowest EK body ID plate No, and then what is the lowest 229 special wagon No, oh and it's a sydney No
thanks
:oops: just kinda answered my lowest 229 No by looking at the recent post :oops: but mines a sydney No still it's in the hundreds
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
ekwags62

Post by ekwags62 »

Well finally got around to finding the chassis No and after some 10 mins of soaking with acetone and scrubbing with a wire brush and walah. There was that much paint it had filled most of the numbers so I thought the previous owners had sanded them off.
Colours: 0274-Tartan Turquuoise and 0246-Snow Crest White FB codes
With it being #4 off the line they must have forgot to tell the plate stamper of the colour code changes. Going by the colour codes they're FB colours and because I could'nt read the chassis No and the instument cluster is FB I was starting to think it was actually an FB. Does that make it a rare EK? :lol:

Steve Jackson wrote
Engine Number and Chassis number please!!!
Steve sorry to disappoint but the car is an old custom jobby. Everything that could be removed from under the bonnet and dash were chromed. It has a 186P with a celica 5 speed put in it so the radiator support and trans tunnel have had the chop. While they were at it they decided a crush velvet loof linning would go well with the deep blue metalic paint and velvet seat inserts. Bucket seats to the front from out of I dont know maybe HT or HQ.

Mick
mr.jones

Post by mr.jones »

ekwags62 wrote:Well finally got around to finding the chassis No and after some 10 mins of soaking with acetone and scrubbing with a wire brush and walah. There was that much paint it had filled most of the numbers so I thought the previous owners had sanded them off.

Mick

There's a fair chance the body plate does not belong on that body shell, 229 body no 4A and chassis 10513P, especially when 229 body no. 2971A has chassis 9678P.

Given the mods to the car it doesn't mean a hell of a lot and won't have any bearing on rego, but may throw your records out Steve.

Nice to see so many early plates turning up. In the HQ-Z register I keep, I have a number of early builds recorded as well,

HQ 6cyl Belmont body 15A
HQ Statesman body 16A
after HQ body numbers didn't start from 1 again they followed the vin, so chassis nos. are the record for early builds
HX chassis no 00014A (built 2 months before HX release)
HZ chassis no 00001A (built 4 months before HZ release)
HZ chassis no 00017M
HZ chassis no 00035S
as well as quite a few with low 100s chassis no.

Leroy
Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah i'de say many of the cars could have had subframes changed over the years which throws a spanner in the works

funny thing the lowish No tag i got is a wagon and the same colour different trim though and it's an auto

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
ekwags62

Post by ekwags62 »

So if my ID plate has an "A" and low production number should the chassis have an "A" with a low number also ? As mr.jones pointed out
Mick

Post by Mick »

ekwags62 wrote:So if my ID plate has an "A" and low production number should the chassis have an "A" with a low number also ? As mr.jones pointed out
allong with that when exactly were tags attached or are they stamped as they go allong :? you'de think paint and trim would be somewhere down the line from the actual body off the line

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Trev

Post by Trev »

ekwags62 wrote:So if my ID plate has an "A" and low production number should the chassis have an "A" with a low number also ? As mr.jones pointed out
No, my wagon has an "A" body and a "M" sub-frame.
It just means the body was made in Adelaide and assembled in Melbourne (or Perth in your case) :D .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
ekwags62

Post by ekwags62 »

I'm surprised holden dont have a registry. With my 67 Firebird you can go to a web page and enter the vin codes and it will tell you everything about the car. What the engine number was when manufactured, what options were ordered. The codes told me it was ordered with air/con,factory tinted glass. Made my day even though it had a bit of rust it, it still had the original motor.
Mick

Post by Mick »

ekwags62 wrote:I'm surprised holden dont have a registry. With my 67 Firebird you can go to a web page and enter the vin codes and it will tell you everything about the car. What the engine number was when manufactured, what options were ordered. The codes told me it was ordered with air/con,factory tinted glass. Made my day even though it had a bit of rust it, it still had the original motor.
yeah i think everything to do with cars this old is just educated guesses, i think there's a bit of info back to HQish i'm pretty sure there was a fire or something destroying alot of records
that's like the SS impala i had unfortunately by the time i got it it was just a small block and a glide but checked the details it was a factory dual quad 409 4 speed car :(

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
ekwags62

Post by ekwags62 »

yeah i think everything to do with cars this old is just educated guesses, i think there's a bit of info back to HQish i'm pretty sure there was a fire or something destroying alot of records
that's like the SS impala i had unfortunately by the time i got it it was just a small block and a glide but checked the details it was a factory dual quad 409 4 speed car
Makes you wonder what people are thinking when they do this sort of stuff. I guess when they were done they werent considered classics. But why would you go from dual quad 409 4 speed to a small block and a glide unless it was a donor car for something more desireable. No offence. An SS Impala is a pretty cool ride in its self.
Mick

Post by Mick »

it was done back in the day when nobody wanted the W motors :shock: at one stage the it had a 350 with a 6/71 on it

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

does anybody have any answers to the questions :? :?: :?:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Aussie Bob

Post by Aussie Bob »

Yes I do !

:)
Trev

Post by Trev »

As far as I know there is no such thing as a "matching numbers" FB or EK.
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3