327 into my van now with colour

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

J
State: WA

Post by J »

exhaust would just make it quieter... why would u want that?
Trev
State: NOT ENTERED

Post by Trev »

J wrote:exhaust would just make it quieter... why would u want that?
:lol: :lol: :lol: I used to like a loud car when I was your age J, now I couldn't think of anything worse :roll: , nice quiet cruisin for me :D , I get my noise fix from the kids fighting in the back seat :evil: .

Any pain pic updates SCK? Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Great to meet you and to see the van in the flesh yesterday Matt! It is going to be one sweet ride..... (don't rush it now, it is so close) I'm going to "steal" that battery idea for the ute :wink: . Thanks for the lift and hope the Minister for War & Finance was ok :shock: :lol: You have a fine collection of "Toys" in that shed! 8) 8) 8) 8)
Grimbo

Post by Grimbo »

Just watched the youtube clip. SWEEET AS mate!!! 8) 8) :D :D
lunatic leprechaun

Post by lunatic leprechaun »

sck, what diff and brakes are you running??? that dash looks awesome all the same colour. very retro... 8) 8) did you also have to go the 3/4 chassis kit.
jim
I'M DRAGGING OFF THE SNAILS WITH MY 138 TRAIL!!!!!!

FE-FC HOLDEN CAR CLUB MEMBER OF WA
southcoastkustom

Post by southcoastkustom »

lunatic leprechaun wrote:sck, what diff and brakes are you running??? that dash looks awesome all the same colour. very retro... 8) 8) did you also have to go the 3/4 chassis kit.
jim
Jim,
Has 10bolt LSD HQ brakes all round. 3/4 chassis kit plus V8 Y-frame, wishbone and front end strengthening kit, plus some great chassis kit enhancements done by Sam.

Cheers,
SCK 8)
not too shiny thankyou.
southcoastkustom

SCK 8)
not too shiny thankyou.
Trev

Post by Trev »

Bonnet looks good.
Just a teaser? Trev 8) .
[img]http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/trevwood/WOOFTOsmall.jpg[/img]
Woofto Car Club Member No3
southcoastkustom

Actually wanted to get some feedback on the bonnet (worked well, thanks Trev). I like it, but not everyone does. Is for functionality as much as asthetics as it needs to let all the heat out of the engine bay I can as the chev gets that little engine bay pretty warm... :roll:
Cheers,
SCK 8)
not too shiny thankyou.
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Looking good sck, bonnet's great.
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
JimmyJazz

Post by JimmyJazz »

I'm for the vented bonnet - I think it looks good and will probably only be better painted to match the rest of the car.
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

Nice job on the vents, personally think it spoils the bonnet but it is there for a reason and has been well done.......but what about that "other bit" that is in my shed.....could cause probs with the louvers...............
Only other thing that concerns me with vented bonnets is rain and washing the car, it's bad enough with mine and it's jacked up rear of the bonnet. (only my thoughts Matt).
southcoastkustom

V8EK4us wrote:Nice job on the vents, personally think it spoils the bonnet but it is there for a reason and has been well done.......but what about that "other bit" that is in my shed.....could cause probs with the louvers...............
Only other thing that concerns me with vented bonnets is rain and washing the car, it's bad enough with mine and it's jacked up rear of the bonnet. (only my thoughts Matt).
At this stage, the tunnel ram is intended for the hot rod Gary. If anything, I may change the van to a quad weber/ moon manifold setup down the track... :roll:

As for the water thing, the way I see it is that most of the time I'll be driving forward, so the way the louvres are pressed most of the water will go over them. I know a few guys with bonnetless hotrods who drive in the rain/ wash their cars with water and dont have any probs. Just means the engine might need a quick chamois afterwards as well... :wink:
not too shiny thankyou.
V8EK4us

Post by V8EK4us »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: and all this time I thought the tunnel ram was going on the van :oops: :oops:

Fair call on the chamois on the motor....... I am used to the 5 road trains of bloody rain that falls here in the wet season and think..... holy shit, that is going to drown it......then I said to myself, "self, it's not a $#*@ it's a Holden so there is no problems with a bit of water" :lol: :wink: :wink:
Old Holden
State: NSW

Post by Old Holden »

Bonnet Looks Great
who did your louvers

actually whole car is great bonnet just tops it off

Wayne