woops he did it again

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

Mick
State: NSW

woops he did it again

Post by Mick »

411713651_10232524202347981_3322561500968090134_n.jpg
411713651_10232524202347981_3322561500968090134_n.jpg (280.24 KiB) Viewed 802 times
:roll:
sometimes yor just better off shitting in yor hands and clapping

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Errol62
State: SA

Re: woops he did it again

Post by Errol62 »

That looks good.

FB ute fixer upper, EK van on rotisserie
getting my FB ute on the road
EK van on rotisserie
Blacky
State: WA

Post by Blacky »

Ya cant help yourself can ya :D :D :D :D

Plans ? Full resto with lots of NASCO bling ??? You ARE getting on a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Foundation member #61 of FB/EK Holden club of W.A.
Harv

Post by Harv »

Blacky wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:48 pm Ya cant help yourself can ya :D :D :D :D

Plans ? Full resto with lots of NASCO bling ??? You ARE getting on a bit :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tailgate is open to slide in a rear-mount hemi... wheelstander must be the only thing Mick hasn't built :lol:

Cheers,
Harv
327 Chev EK wagon, original EK ute for Number 1 Daughter, an FB sedan meth monster project and a BB/MD grey motored FED.
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

Looks like a great starting point Mick
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Mick

Post by Mick »

Blacky wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2023 11:48 pm Ya cant help yourself can ya :D :D :D :D

it has a red in it, and yes i'm getting old because i am kinda thinking about putting a grey in BUT only because there seem to be more crazy people with money to spend on one with a grey, but i think i'm on to a guy that will turn a blind eye to a 149 so for my own pleasure that's probably where it will go, speaking of accessories it has all the accessories i like guard wind splits, door handle scratch plates and H hub caps

it's a great starting point was painted 15 to 20 years ago and has lots of issues but holds a shine, no rust to repair besides 3 spots in the roof from it being under a tarp for all those years, just gunna do the basics lower it and drive it

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

I gather this is the one that was on Marketplace Mick ? Looked to be a good thing :thumbsup:
When you're faced with an unpleasant task that you really don't want to do, sometimes you just have to dig deep down inside and somehow find the patience to wait for someone else to do it for you.

Mick

Post by Mick »

yeah that's it, has a good story aswell, was sent off to be painted i think they said 15 years ago, anyway recently the painter got in touch with the then owner (some sort of miracle in itself after 15 years) do you want your car i'm retiring and shutting up shop come and get it or it's going to scrap, so owner turns up removes tarp paint looking worse for wear after 15 odd years under a tarp also some rust spots and worst the floors rusted out, the owner then complains to the painter all the floors are rusted! painter then replies what do you think you've left the f#ckin thing here for 15 years :shock: :lol: but old mate that i got it from has had all the floors done and done well

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

some people were dropped on their heads at birth or something ....... :econfused: :econfused:

EK283

Post by EK283 »

Blacky wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:27 am some people were dropped on their heads at birth or something ....... :econfused: :econfused:
The original owner and the painter both by the sound of that !

Greg
So many cars so little time!
FireKraka

Post by FireKraka »

How do you forget that you sent your car to be painted for 15 years and if the painter did paint it what the f@%k was he doing waiting 15 years to get paid :lol: :lol: :lol:
Member of WA FB/EK Car Club
Frankenstein EK V6 Ute
FB Station Wagon Project
1950's Commer Light Truck (2.5 Ton)
Blacky

Post by Blacky »

Micks young bloke bought his FJ sedan off a bloke who had it painted and it then sat in the panel shop for FORTY years !!!!!!

Mick

Post by Mick »

FireKraka wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 12:14 pm How do you forget that you sent your car to be painted for 15 years and if the painter did paint it what the f@%k was he doing waiting 15 years to get paid :lol: :lol: :lol:
the way the bloke told the story i think he was paid or a good majority of it, i got like a diary with a couple of pics and entries of progress payments

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
Mick

Post by Mick »

just call me Dora the restora, nearly $900 in stock brakes (that will most likely end up getting turfed because they're useless) and for the first time ever i pulled a stock diff housing out and i'm going to put it back in after i clean and paint it, still not silly enough to put a grey in it though :lol:

W.S.C.C.A
Woodstock chapter
EK283

Post by EK283 »

Mick wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:14 pm just call me Dora the restora, nearly $900 in stock brakes (that will most likely end up getting turfed because they're useless) and for the first time ever i pulled a stock diff housing out and i'm going to put it back in after i clean and paint it, still not silly enough to put a grey in it though :lol:
I just hope you put a red center in it with the ubolt universal, probably something a bit more robust than the 70 horse limit of the original one !!

Greg
So many cars so little time!