New to me FB Holden Sedan

Post photos of your pride and joy, or updates on your rebuild!

Moderators: reidy, Blacky

mattathome
State: NOT ENTERED

New to me FB Holden Sedan

Post by mattathome »

Hi,
After much searching and help I have finally picked up a FB Sedan. I had forgotten what a pleasure it was to cruise in an old car. I owned a EH 20 odd years ago.
She needs a little TLC still , generator not generating , trim needs some work and a bit of dodgy respray. The previous owner stripped all badges, I would like to fit a bonnet ornament and a few other bits. But still presents ok. The welcome so far has been warm and seems like a great community here already and hopefully I can add to that.

Regards
MATT

DSCF3169 by MATT APPEL, on Flickr
EKDV8

Re: New to me FB Holden Sedan

Post by EKDV8 »

nice score there matt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
foundation member #12 fb/ek holden club of WA
Devilrod
State: VIC

Post by Devilrod »

Looks good, got any more pics?
Speed and Style........... One day I'll get the speed bit.
In the Shed
State: SA

Post by In the Shed »

Hey Matt,
That looks like a good score there. Hope you get plenty of trouble free miles! :smile22:

Regards
Stephen
A day in the shed beats a day at work!
mattathome

Post by mattathome »

SunnyTim wrote:Love to see some more pics I have narrowed it down to one of two cars I used to know - one owned by a mate in the early 90s and another by a club member around the same time (sorry Blacky haven't owned this one. ..)
I'm not really sure of the whole history, is there any way to check back past the previous owner?
Devilrod wrote:Looks good, got any more pics?
Will try to get some more up today.. As with most as I found out when looking to purchase, the images make it look a whole lot better...

My first plans are to get it running reliably and have some confidence in her, generator is not generating at the moment. then front seat needs work as does the door trims. Then windows seals and runners especially the 1/4 which I can't open due really perished seals. Then some origonal rims to get rid of these mags.plus I'd like to fix up a few spots of paint that are bad.Some new carpet as well..oh dear I have list already..
Matt
Thommo

Post by Thommo »

Nice purchase Matt :thumbsup: